Call for Film Submission
Deadline: May 30, 2023
Attention all Canadian and international filmmakers of African descent or those whose films explore African themes! We invite you to submit your films to the African Movie Festival in Manitoba. This is your chance to share your vision, creativity, and unique perspective with a diverse audience of film enthusiasts, industry professionals, and cultural influencers. We accept full feature, medium length, and short films of all genres, so do not hesitate to submit your masterpiece, no matter the length or style.
After you submit your film, our expert panel of judges will review your work and notify you of the outcome. Successful applicants will have their films screened at the festival, and have the chance to connect with fellow filmmakers, industry insiders, and movie lovers alike.
Ready to submit your film to the African Movie Festival in Manitoba? Click the “Submit Film” button to get started and share your unique vision with our audience! We can’t wait to see what you have in store for us and to share your work with the world!
- All applicants must agree to the rules and regulations
- Application Deadline is: May 30, 2023
- Please complete the form below. All required fields must be completed.
- If you have any questions about your submission, please email email@example.com
Rules and Regulation
All those applying to AM-FM (African Movie Festival in Manitoba) must agree to the following rules and regulations:
- Individuals and groups (“Applicant”) submitting films to AM-FM for consideration and possible showing must possess all necessary rights and permissions for all video and audio tracks submitted to AM-FM. AM-FM is not responsible for clearing, publishing, performance or other rights for the films it screens or promotes on its site or at the festival.
- Any lead artist(s) younger than 18 years old at the time of the submission deadline must send a letter to AM-FM written by a legal guardian (e.g., parent) in order to apply to the festival. This letter must include the guardian’s contact information. Due to legal requirements, we cannot accept applications by people younger than 18 years old without consent from their legal representatives.
- All successful applicants grant AM-FM the non-exclusive rights to showcase the film for the purposes of the festival and/or its promotion (until December 31, 2024).
- AM-FM retains the right to alter, shorten or cancel the festival, and will not be held liable for compensation in any of these situations. AM-FM agrees that in the event of festival cancellation, all rights related to the selected submission will revert to the Applicant and where relevant, the Applicant’s associates.
- All applicants, by submitting to AM-FM, hereby allow AM-FM to preview the film. By agreeing to these rules and regulations all applicants pledge that they hold the rights to this film and have the right to distribute this material to AM-FM. All applicants understand that once submitted, their entry cannot be withdrawn. They understand that although AM-FM will take every precaution, AM-FM cannot be held responsible for loss or damage of submission materials. If accepted, AM-FM reserves the right to keep all films filed for AM-FM educational and archival purposes. If accepted, lead artists expressly grant AM-FM the royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to exhibit their film or video and to use, reproduce, publish, translate, and exhibit any and all publicity materials related to the film, including but not limited to stills, press releases, bios, and trailers, in whole or in part, without limitation to territory, and/or to include said publicity materials with other works in any form, media, or technology. AM-FM agrees not to claim these rights in relation to submissions that are not selected for the festival.
- All applicants agree to hold AM-FM, its management, employees and volunteers, as well as any of its funders, sponsors and affiliated entities, harmless from any damages or losses relating to any materials applicants may submit.
- Successful Applicants may not have another public screening of their film in Winnipeg between May 2023 and the AM-FM (October 2024) without express permission from AM-FM.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit a high quality, screen-ready, digital version of their film to AM-FM (i.e., the film must be at least 1080 pixels high, and in MPEG, MOV, AVI, or MP4 format). Failure to submit a video meeting the minimum technical quality requirements by May 30, 2023 may result in elimination from the festival. AM-FM will cover the cost of media shipment, if necessary.
- AM-FM will pay screening fees in Canadian dollars depending on the length of the submitted film as follows. Fees will be paid within 30 days after successful screening at the festival.
- $150 Shorts (5 to 40 mins from opening logo to end credits)
- $200 Medium length films (41 to 79 mins)
- $300 Full feature (80 to 180 mins)