Provincial Health Update: Covid-19 Response
The African Movie Festival rescheduled to September 24 to 26, 2021
Festival rescheduled following recent provincial health updates.
The organizers of the African Film Festival in Manitoba and the Gas Station Arts Center are committed to caring for the health and well-being of our volunteers and guests and playing a proactive role in supporting provincial health officials and government leaders and in complying with provincial health protocols.
We have taken additional steps to ensure your safety during the film festival. Some of these steps include:
- Enhanced cleaning measures: We are committed to caring for the health and well-being of our volunteers and for those of our guests. The theatre facilities undergo elevated cleaning and sanitizing protocols that meet public health guidelines and can help to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Theatre is sanitized in between shows.
- Additional precautions: Every guest to the theatre including volunteers at the beginning of their shifts are required to complete a pre-check. Volunteers are required to wear a mask and to maintain 6 feet or 2-meter distance when interacting with each other and with guests.
- Safety Protocols: We respectfully require our guests to follow social distancing and safety protocols recommended by public health officials, including wearing a facial covering when visiting the theatre.
- Social distancing: Our 232-seat theatre has been restricted to allow no more than 50 guests at any one show. Guests to the theatre are ushered into their seats so that they are socially distant from other guests. Our ushers will ensure that clusters of family members are seated together.
- Other safety measures in the theatre: After the show, guests are ushered through an exit door so that contact with others waiting to enter the theatre is limited.